The Booth (Softcover)Angus Buchan
The Booth, by renowned and beloved author and evangelist Angus Buchan, is a practical guide to having quiet time with God. It abounds with biblical and modern-day examples of men and women whom God has used to change the world – men and women who were disciplined in spending time in “the booth” every single day.
Buchan stresses how time spent with God can change readers’ lives, their outlooks, and the impact they will have on society.
By assigning a special place in your home and your heart and dedicating it as a point of meeting with God, believers can:
- find rest in Jesus’ presence
- hear God’s voice
- experience the power of God’s Word
- find comfort in hard times
- seek God’s guidance in decision-making.
The Booth draws on Buchan’s personal experiences as well as those of other giants of the faith, and is perfect for every reader who wishes to enter into a deeper relationship with the Lord.
Size148 x 210 mm
Number of Pages116 pp
PublisherChristian Art Publication
This Busy World
In this busy world in which we are desperately trying to exist,
to keep sane, to keep balanced, we need a place where we can
rest, a place where we can gather ourselves: A getaway, some-
where we find peace; a place to regroup against the onslaught
of a world that seems to have gone mad. So many people have
asked me how I cope. The answer is very simple: It is by spending
time with Father God each morning.
It is good having a quiet time each day and listening to that
still small voice giving me peace. At the Feast of Tabernacles,
where I was privileged to be a guest speaker, for the first time I
realised what the festival was really about. It reminds the Jew-
ish people of how God provided for them in the wilderness for
forty years – their sandals never wore out, their clothes never
fell to pieces, and God fed them all, every day, with manna from
Review this Product
- Salt wrote:
- "This book inspires one to take the time to really listen to what God wants to tell you. Some people think that God only speaks to priests/ministers or highly devoted Christians, but this is not true. This book tells one how to open the line of communication so that God can speak to you too." - Posted on 1/28/14
- B.S. wrote:
- "A book by world renowned Angus Buchan on prayer. 'The booth' is a location in or near your home where Buchan recommends believers spend the first portion of their day alone with God. Also provides practical tips for quiet time, such as how to read through the Bible." - Posted on 1/27/14
- Daniel Masterson wrote:
- "Like all of Uncle Angus's books this 1 will change your life. It certainly helped me to strengthen my relationship with the Lord by investing more in my quiet time. Thanx Uncle Angus." - Posted on 1/27/14