Get the strength to start on a new path
The NIV Recovery Devotional Bible strengthens, assists, and encourages you with fresh perspectives on the link between faith and recovery, by offering day-by-day encouragement for anyone in a Twelve-Step recovery program.
The NIV Recovery Devotional Bible stands alongside these twelve steps as a unique tool for those in recovery from addictive, compulsive, or co-dependent behaviour patterns.
• 365 daily Meditations help you apply biblical principles to the recovery process
• More than 400 in-text Life Connections tie Scripture portions to the Twelve Steps
• 2,000 Step Markers indicate passages that relate to particular steps of the Twelve Step Plan
• Reading plans help to tailor Scripture readings to specific needs
• Brief, thoughtful prayers give direction in connecting to God from the heart
• Articles explain how to use the Bible and help readers connect Scripture and the Twelve Steps
• Where to Turn section offers help to the hurting
• Book introductions offer overviews of biblical material
• Subject index for locating topics easily
· Double-column format
About the New International Version (NIV)
The first complete New International Version of the Bible was published in 1978, and since then has become the most popular, most trusted, and most authoritative modern English translation. It was conceived in 1965 by a broad coalition of America’s evangelical and reformed denominations, and its production was financed by the New York Bible Society (now known as Biblica). A team of over 100 experts undertook the translation, working with the best available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. A rigorous development and review procedure harmonised the efforts of both translators and stylistic consultants, resulting in a translation that matches scholarly integrity with clear readability.