Basics Of Biblical Hebrew Grammer (Second Edition)(Hardcover)Gary D Pratico & Miles V Van Pelt
Explanations for some of the more difficult elements in biblical Hebrew.
Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar (BBHG) is the first in a series of integrated Hebrew language resources produced by Zondervan in collaboration with Pratico and Van Pelt. These products have been designed specifically for use by the beginning student. There is no other collection of resources like it.
Features of Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, Second Edition text:
• Combines the best of inductive and deductive approaches
• Uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than “made-up” illustrations
• Emphasizes the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization, resulting in a simple, enjoyable, and effective learning process
• Coloured text highlights particles added to nouns and verbs, allowing easy recognition of new forms
• Chapters Two (Hebrew Vowels), Nine (Pronominal Suffixes), Seventeen (Waw Consecutive), Eighteen (Imperative, Cohortative, and Jussive), and Twenty-Three (Issues of Sentence Syntax) are revised and expanded
• Section of appendices and study aids is clearly marked for fast reference
• Larger font and text size make reading easier
About the Authors
Gary D. Pratico (Th.D., Harvard Divinity School) is senior professor of Old Testament and Hebrew language at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has been teaching Hebrew for more than thirty years and is co-author with Miles V. Van Pelt of Basics of Basics of Biblical Hebrew (grammar and workbook) and The Vocabulary Guide to Biblical Hebrew.
Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he also serves as Academic Dean. Miles lives in Madison, Mississippi, with his wife, Laurie, and their four children.
ByGary D Pratico & Miles V Van Pelt
Size284 x 216 mm
Number of Pages512 pp
PublisherHarper Collins Christian Publishing