Manage anger with clarity and confidence.
A relative makes a tactless comment about your child's weight.
The guy on the expressway follows too closely behind you.
Your boss belittles you in front of your colleagues... again.
Getting angry is easy. Daily annoyances or mistakes poke at us. Then feelings of disappointment, hurt, rejection, or embarrassment begin to stir. And once our anger is aroused, that unwieldy cluster of emotions can make our thoughts and actions feel impossible to control.
Dr. Gary Chapman, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 5 Love Languages®, offers helpful-and sometimes surprising-insights into why you get angry and what you can do about it. Using real-life stories and practical principles, Chapman explains how you can channel anger in ways that are healthy and productive. You'll also be equipped to help those you love (including your children) deal with their own anger. The book even addresses what to do with long-simmering feelings of anger toward people in your past.
Includes an assessment that will help you discover your unique way of handling anger and how to effectively tame it when it is provoked.
Introduction: Our Angry World, 9,
1. Where Does Anger Come From?, 15,
2. When Anger Can Do Good, 25,
3. When You're Angry for Good Reason, 35,
4. When Anger Is Wrong, 57,
5. How to Handle "Bad" Anger, 67,
6. Explosions and Implosions, 81,
7. The Anger That Lasts for Years, 97,
8. What about Forgiveness?, 113,
9. When You Are Angry at Your Spouse, 129,
10. Helping Children Handle Anger, 143,
11. When You Are Angry at God, 163,
12. "I'm Angry at Myself", 175,
13. Confronting an Angry Person, 189,
Personal Anger Assessment, 211,
About the Author
GARY CHAPMAN--author, speaker, counselor--has a passion for people and for helping them form lasting relationships. He is the #1 bestselling author of The 5 Love Languages series and director of Marriage and Family Life Consultants, Inc. Gary travels the world presenting seminars, and his radio programs air on more than 400 stations.