|Welcome to CUM Books' online branch, where we provide website features to you subject to certain conditions. Please see the next section for the conditions. If you visit or shop at our CUM Books online branch, you accept these conditions. Please read through them carefully.
CUM Books has become a much-loved and popular name in many South African homes. There are 40 branches that you can visit countrywide, and an online branch that you can visit at any time.
CUM Books strives to offer exceptional service to customers, and to provide culturally-relevant and biblically-accurate books and products proclaiming firmly that not only Christian books are sold in the stores, but also a Christian lifestyle.
CUM Books operates a Customer Service Centre during office hours. Please contact us on our national telephone number during the week from 9AM to 5PM on 0860 110 231, or send an e-mail to [email protected] if you have any questions or queries.
- Create a company environment where every staff member and customer is valued and appreciated.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships.
- Do business with high ethics and integrity.
- Sell high-quality products at affordable prices.
- By subscribing to the CUM Books Newsletter, you give CUM Books permission to send you their newsletter, which includes special offers, to the e-mail address that you had registered with.
- CUM Books is backed by MyGate with 3D Secure, which guarantees complete security when using your credit card for payment.
- Neither CUM Books, its holding company, associates, consultants, or employees will be liable for any damages relating to the use of this site, irrespective of the cause of your loss. Without affecting the foregoing, we are not liable for:
a) Any interruption; malfunction; downtime, or other failure of the site or computer systems for whatever reason;
b) Any interruption, malfunction, downtime, or other failure of goods or services provided by third parties, including without limitation: public switched telecommunication service providers, Internet service providers, electricity suppliers, local authorities, and certification authorities; or
c) An event of force majeure or any other event over which CUM Books has no direct control.